How to remove space in section title at KOMA-ScriptFix indent for section titlelatex beamer appendix numberingCreate new section commands (with correct TOC entries) in KOMA-ScriptHow to make a rule under each section title with KOMA-script?LaTeX beamer: pagenumbering appendixKOMA-Script have parskip=full- but no spacing between section title and contentKOMA script replace name of section with the given text/symbolHow do I center the part title at KOMA-script?How do I prevent from a symbol at part title to be in a new lineHow to center headings at KOMA-Script

How do hiring committees for research positions view getting "scooped"?

When did hardware antialiasing start being available?

What (if any) is the reason to buy in small local stores?

Make the largest box from a cardboard sheet

Bash prompt display HH:MM:SS

How can an organ that provides biological immortality be unable to regenerate?

is this saw blade faulty?

How can Newt cast Accio on a Niffler when it is only supposed to work on inanimate objects?

Exposing a company lying about themselves in a tight-knitted industry: Is my career at risk on the long run?

Pre-Employment Background Check With Consent For Future Checks

Why didn’t Eve recognize the little cockroach as a living organism?

How to find the largest number(s) in a list of elements?

Why doesn't the chatan sign the ketubah?

Hey isn't the word *experience* wrongly used in this context

10 year ban after applying for a UK student visa

Norwegian Refugee travel document

Why are there no stars visible in cislunar space?

How can I create URL shortcuts/redirects for task/diff IDs in Phabricator?

What is it called when someone votes for an option that's not their first choice?

Is xar preinstalled on macOS?

Animating wave motion in water

How to test the sharpness of a knife?

Align centered, ragged right and ragged left in align environment

Weird lines in Microsoft Word



How to remove space in section title at KOMA-Script


Fix indent for section titlelatex beamer appendix numberingCreate new section commands (with correct TOC entries) in KOMA-ScriptHow to make a rule under each section title with KOMA-script?LaTeX beamer: pagenumbering appendixKOMA-Script have parskip=full- but no spacing between section title and contentKOMA script replace name of section with the given text/symbolHow do I center the part title at KOMA-script?How do I prevent from a symbol at part title to be in a new lineHow to center headings at KOMA-Script













2















Here is MWE:



documentclassscrartcl
usepackageadforn


renewcommandsectionlinesformat[4]%
ifstr#1section%
adforn30 #3. #4 adforn58

hskip#2#3#4%
makeatother

begindocument

sectionABC

enddocument


The output is this:
enter image description here



I want it will be: 1. ABC and not 1 . ABC (no space between the "1" and the ".").

It is possible? and if it's possible, how can I do it?



Thank you!










share|improve this question
























  • sorry, I am not able to compile your MWE (Font OrnementsADF not found). Just a guess: try to terminate every line that might be fragile with a %: ifstr#1section% adforn30 #3. #4 adforn58% %

    – AndiW
    1 hour ago
















2















Here is MWE:



documentclassscrartcl
usepackageadforn


renewcommandsectionlinesformat[4]%
ifstr#1section%
adforn30 #3. #4 adforn58

hskip#2#3#4%
makeatother

begindocument

sectionABC

enddocument


The output is this:
enter image description here



I want it will be: 1. ABC and not 1 . ABC (no space between the "1" and the ".").

It is possible? and if it's possible, how can I do it?



Thank you!










share|improve this question
























  • sorry, I am not able to compile your MWE (Font OrnementsADF not found). Just a guess: try to terminate every line that might be fragile with a %: ifstr#1section% adforn30 #3. #4 adforn58% %

    – AndiW
    1 hour ago














2












2








2








Here is MWE:



documentclassscrartcl
usepackageadforn


renewcommandsectionlinesformat[4]%
ifstr#1section%
adforn30 #3. #4 adforn58

hskip#2#3#4%
makeatother

begindocument

sectionABC

enddocument


The output is this:
enter image description here



I want it will be: 1. ABC and not 1 . ABC (no space between the "1" and the ".").

It is possible? and if it's possible, how can I do it?



Thank you!










share|improve this question
















Here is MWE:



documentclassscrartcl
usepackageadforn


renewcommandsectionlinesformat[4]%
ifstr#1section%
adforn30 #3. #4 adforn58

hskip#2#3#4%
makeatother

begindocument

sectionABC

enddocument


The output is this:
enter image description here



I want it will be: 1. ABC and not 1 . ABC (no space between the "1" and the ".").

It is possible? and if it's possible, how can I do it?



Thank you!







sectioning numbering koma-script sections-paragraphs






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited 39 mins ago









Schweinebacke

22k4577




22k4577










asked 1 hour ago









heblyxheblyx

923919




923919












  • sorry, I am not able to compile your MWE (Font OrnementsADF not found). Just a guess: try to terminate every line that might be fragile with a %: ifstr#1section% adforn30 #3. #4 adforn58% %

    – AndiW
    1 hour ago


















  • sorry, I am not able to compile your MWE (Font OrnementsADF not found). Just a guess: try to terminate every line that might be fragile with a %: ifstr#1section% adforn30 #3. #4 adforn58% %

    – AndiW
    1 hour ago

















sorry, I am not able to compile your MWE (Font OrnementsADF not found). Just a guess: try to terminate every line that might be fragile with a %: ifstr#1section% adforn30 #3. #4 adforn58% %

– AndiW
1 hour ago






sorry, I am not able to compile your MWE (Font OrnementsADF not found). Just a guess: try to terminate every line that might be fragile with a %: ifstr#1section% adforn30 #3. #4 adforn58% %

– AndiW
1 hour ago











2 Answers
2






active

oldest

votes


















2














The macro sectionformat contains an enskip at the end. You can redefine it without that:



documentclassscrartcl
usepackageadforn

defsectionformatthesectionautodot% enskip
renewcommandsectionlinesformat[4]%
ifstr#1section%
adforn30 #3. #4 adforn58

hskip#2#3#4%
makeatother

begindocument

sectionABC

enddocument



enter image description here







share|improve this answer

























  • Thank you!! What is the csname command?

    – heblyx
    1 hour ago






  • 1





    @heblyx It allows you to use a control sequence (a.k.a. macro) by its name. One expansion of csname thesectionendcsname gives thesection. If you simply use thesection it will work as well. The csname thingy is just for dynamically creating these formatting commands.

    – Phelype Oleinik
    1 hour ago












  • @PhelypeOleinik - Using the csname ... endcsname machinery would seem to be overkill here. Maybe replace csname thesectionendcsname autodot with thesection.autodot? :-)

    – Mico
    1 hour ago












  • @Mico Indeed, unnecessary complication. Done :)

    – Phelype Oleinik
    1 hour ago






  • 2





    Note: This could result in two ., if autodot results in adding a .. And IMHO the KOMA-Script guide recommends to add number format parts like the end dot to sectionformat instead of sectionlinesformat. See my answer about how to do this.

    – Schweinebacke
    42 mins ago


















3














You should reduce group braces to a minimum and add the . either to the sectionformat:



documentclassscrartcl
usepackageadforn

renewcommand*sectionformatthesection.enskip% replaced autodot by .
renewcommandsectionlinesformat[4]%
ifstr#1section%
adforn30 #3#4 adforn58%
hskip#2#3#4%
makeatother

begindocument

sectionABC

enddocument


or select numbers=withdot to add the dot to all section levels:



documentclass[numbers=enddot]scrartcl
usepackageadforn

renewcommandsectionlinesformat[4]%
ifstr#1section%
adforn30 #3#4 adforn58%
hskip#2#3#4%


begindocument

sectionABC

enddocument


You should not combine a autodot in sectionformat with a hard coded . (neither in autodot nor on sectionlinesformat where it is misplaced by specification), because this could result in two dots.



Please have a look to the KOMA-Script manual for the default of sectionformat and the meaning of numbers=withdot, sectionformat and autodot.



BTW: The makeatother in your example is also not necessary and should be removed (so I did).



Off-Topic: You should also avoid possible spurious white spaces by newlines after } or improve this answer















share or improve this answer

























  • Your solution is good, but I'm not sure it's good for me. Because I'm Hebrew user - the dot is always at wrong side... at Hebrew it shuold be ".1" and not "1."

    – heblyx
    32 mins ago














3












3








3







You should reduce group braces to a minimum and add the . either to the sectionformat:



documentclassscrartcl
usepackageadforn

renewcommand*sectionformatthesection.enskip% replaced autodot by .
renewcommandsectionlinesformat[4]%
ifstr#1section%
adforn30 #3#4 adforn58%
hskip#2#3#4%
makeatother

begindocument

sectionABC

enddocument


or select numbers=withdot to add the dot to all section levels:



documentclass[numbers=enddot]scrartcl
usepackageadforn

renewcommandsectionlinesformat[4]%
ifstr#1section%
adforn30 #3#4 adforn58%
hskip#2#3#4%


begindocument

sectionABC

enddocument


You should not combine a autodot in sectionformat with a hard coded . (neither in autodot nor on sectionlinesformat where it is misplaced by specification), because this could result in two dots.



Please have a look to the KOMA-Script manual for the default of sectionformat and the meaning of numbers=withdot, sectionformat and autodot.



BTW: The makeatother in your example is also not necessary and should be removed (so I did).



Off-Topic: You should also avoid possible spurious white spaces by newlines after or improve this answer
















You should reduce group braces to a minimum and add the . either to the sectionformat:



documentclassscrartcl
usepackageadforn

renewcommand*sectionformatthesection.enskip% replaced autodot by .
renewcommandsectionlinesformat[4]%
ifstr#1section%
adforn30 #3#4 adforn58%
hskip#2#3#4%
makeatother

begindocument

sectionABC

enddocument


or select numbers=withdot to add the dot to all section levels:



documentclass[numbers=enddot]scrartcl
usepackageadforn

renewcommandsectionlinesformat[4]%
ifstr#1section%
adforn30 #3#4 adforn58%
hskip#2#3#4%


begindocument

sectionABC

enddocument


You should not combine a autodot in sectionformat with a hard coded . (neither in autodot nor on sectionlinesformat where it is misplaced by specification), because this could result in two dots.



Please have a look to the KOMA-Script manual for the default of sectionformat and the meaning of numbers=withdot, sectionformat and autodot.



BTW: The makeatother in your example is also not necessary and should be removed (so I did).



Off-Topic: You should also avoid possible spurious white spaces by newlines after or { and by real spaces in the middle of the code.







share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited 44 mins ago

























answered 50 mins ago









SchweinebackeSchweinebacke

22k4577




22k4577












  • Your solution is good, but I'm not sure it's good for me. Because I'm Hebrew user - the dot is always at wrong side... at Hebrew it shuold be ".1" and not "1."

    – heblyx
    32 mins ago


















  • Your solution is good, but I'm not sure it's good for me. Because I'm Hebrew user - the dot is always at wrong side... at Hebrew it shuold be ".1" and not "1."

    – heblyx
    32 mins ago

















Your solution is good, but I'm not sure it's good for me. Because I'm Hebrew user - the dot is always at wrong side... at Hebrew it shuold be ".1" and not "1."

– heblyx
32 mins ago






Your solution is good, but I'm not sure it's good for me. Because I'm Hebrew user - the dot is always at wrong side... at Hebrew it shuold be ".1" and not "1."

– heblyx
32 mins ago


















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftex.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f480147%2fhow-to-remove-space-in-section-title-at-koma-script%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

瀋陽號驅逐艦 目录 接收與服役 配置反潛直升機 武進三型性能升級 歷史 除役 參考資料 外部連結 导航菜单Taiwan Air Power海疆老兵-陽字號驅逐艦沿革World Navies Today: Taiwan (Republic of China)DD-839 USS POWER编

波兰旗帜列表 目录 国旗 军旗 其他制服部门旗帜 特别国家机构船只 参考文献 外部链接 导航菜单Polskie flagi, chorągwie, bandery... [波兰旗帜、条幅、船旗等]原始内容Ustawa z dnia 31 stycznia 1980 r. o godle, barwach i hymnie Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej oraz o pieczęciach państwowychZarządzenie Ministra Obrony Narodowej z dnia 14 grudnia 2005 r. zmieniające zarządzenie w sprawie szczegółowych zasad używania znaków Sił Zbrojnych Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej oraz ustalenia innych znaków używanych w Siłach Zbrojnych Rzeczypospolitej PolskiejZarządzenie Ministra Obrony Narodowej z dnia 29 stycznia 1996 r. w sprawie szczegółowych zasad używania znaków Sił Zbrojnych Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej oraz ustalenia innych znaków używanych w Siłach Zbrojnych Rzeczypospolitej PolskiejUstawa z dnia 19 lutego 1993 r. o znakach Sił Zbrojnych Rzeczypospolitej PolskiejHistoria Marynarki Wojennej RP [波兰海军史]Rozporządzenie Ministra Spraw Wewnętrznych i Administracji z dnia 12 kwietnia 2002 r. w sprawie wzoru flagi oraz oznakowania jednostek pływających i statków powietrznych Straży GranicznejRozporządzenie Ministra Spraw Wewnętrznych i Administracji z dnia 18 kwietnia 2005 r. w sprawie wzoru flagi oraz oznakowania jednostek pływających i statków powietrznych PolicjiRozporządzenie Ministra Infrastruktury z dnia 21 października 2005 r. w sprawie wzorów flag dla statków morskich na oznaczenie pełnionej specjalnej służby państwowej oraz okoliczności i warunków ich podnoszenia波兰旗帜波兰编

Indenting and Dedenting ASP code with Python