Incremental Sieve of EratosthenesSieve of Eratosthenes Optimization in RustSimple cat in RustSelection sort algorithm in RustThe rusty Sieve of EratosthenesPrime Sieve in Rust (Sieve of Eratosthenes)Rust exercise department employee managementLL parser implementation in RustFinding Anagrams in RustSieve of Eratosthenes in RustA freelist in Rust

Why I don't get the wanted width of tcbox?

CLI: Get information Ubuntu releases

Have the tides ever turned twice on any open problem?

Do people actually use the word "kaputt" in conversation?

How can I create URL shortcuts/redirects for task/diff IDs in Phabricator?

label a part of commutative diagram

What will the Frenchman say?

Turning a hard to access nut?

Determine voltage drop over 10G resistors with cheap multimeter

Would this string work as string?

Is VPN a layer 3 concept?

Weird lines in Microsoft Word

Do I need to convey a moral for each of my blog post?

What (if any) is the reason to buy in small local stores?

Should I be concerned about student access to a test bank?

Why doesn't the fusion process of the sun speed up?

What are the differences between tunneling and regulare encapsulation?

How to find the largest number(s) in a list of elements, possibly non-unique?

Air travel with refrigerated insulin

What are the rules for concealing thieves' tools (or items in general)?

Emojional cryptic crossword

Why doesn't the chatan sign the ketubah?

Why does Surtur say that Thor is Asgard's doom?

Can other pieces capture a threatening piece and prevent a checkmate?



Incremental Sieve of Eratosthenes


Sieve of Eratosthenes Optimization in RustSimple cat in RustSelection sort algorithm in RustThe rusty Sieve of EratosthenesPrime Sieve in Rust (Sieve of Eratosthenes)Rust exercise department employee managementLL parser implementation in RustFinding Anagrams in RustSieve of Eratosthenes in RustA freelist in Rust













1












$begingroup$


I am in the process of learning rust and am still having some issues with borrowing and ownership. I find myself trying to borrow mutable references that are already borrowed as immutable references etc...



I noticed that when I try to iterate over the primes without owning them, I encounter issues trying to modify the composites hash map. I was able to get around this by calling to_owned on the vector. Is this the right way to handle this?



This uses the generator feature.



cargo -V 
cargo 1.35.0-nightly (0e35bd8af 2019-03-13)


 #![feature(generators, generator_trait)]

use std::collections::HashMap;
use std::ops::Generator, GeneratorState;

let mut sieve = ||
let mut x: u32 = 2;
let mut composites: HashMap<u32, Vec<u32>> = HashMap::new();

loop
match composites.get(&x)
Some(primes) =>
for _prime in primes.to_owned() v.push(_prime))
.or_insert(vec![_prime]);
composites.remove(&x);


None =>
yield x;
composites.insert(x * x, vec![x]);



x = x + 1;

;









share|improve this question











$endgroup$











  • $begingroup$
    @Stargateur this code is working, it does require generators though
    $endgroup$
    – kyle
    3 hours ago










  • $begingroup$
    @E_net4 I apologize, I had added in this information!
    $endgroup$
    – kyle
    3 hours ago















1












$begingroup$


I am in the process of learning rust and am still having some issues with borrowing and ownership. I find myself trying to borrow mutable references that are already borrowed as immutable references etc...



I noticed that when I try to iterate over the primes without owning them, I encounter issues trying to modify the composites hash map. I was able to get around this by calling to_owned on the vector. Is this the right way to handle this?



This uses the generator feature.



cargo -V 
cargo 1.35.0-nightly (0e35bd8af 2019-03-13)


 #![feature(generators, generator_trait)]

use std::collections::HashMap;
use std::ops::Generator, GeneratorState;

let mut sieve = ||
let mut x: u32 = 2;
let mut composites: HashMap<u32, Vec<u32>> = HashMap::new();

loop
match composites.get(&x)
Some(primes) =>
for _prime in primes.to_owned() v.push(_prime))
.or_insert(vec![_prime]);
composites.remove(&x);


None =>
yield x;
composites.insert(x * x, vec![x]);



x = x + 1;

;









share|improve this question











$endgroup$











  • $begingroup$
    @Stargateur this code is working, it does require generators though
    $endgroup$
    – kyle
    3 hours ago










  • $begingroup$
    @E_net4 I apologize, I had added in this information!
    $endgroup$
    – kyle
    3 hours ago













1












1








1





$begingroup$


I am in the process of learning rust and am still having some issues with borrowing and ownership. I find myself trying to borrow mutable references that are already borrowed as immutable references etc...



I noticed that when I try to iterate over the primes without owning them, I encounter issues trying to modify the composites hash map. I was able to get around this by calling to_owned on the vector. Is this the right way to handle this?



This uses the generator feature.



cargo -V 
cargo 1.35.0-nightly (0e35bd8af 2019-03-13)


 #![feature(generators, generator_trait)]

use std::collections::HashMap;
use std::ops::Generator, GeneratorState;

let mut sieve = ||
let mut x: u32 = 2;
let mut composites: HashMap<u32, Vec<u32>> = HashMap::new();

loop
match composites.get(&x)
Some(primes) =>
for _prime in primes.to_owned() v.push(_prime))
.or_insert(vec![_prime]);
composites.remove(&x);


None =>
yield x;
composites.insert(x * x, vec![x]);



x = x + 1;

;









share|improve this question











$endgroup$




I am in the process of learning rust and am still having some issues with borrowing and ownership. I find myself trying to borrow mutable references that are already borrowed as immutable references etc...



I noticed that when I try to iterate over the primes without owning them, I encounter issues trying to modify the composites hash map. I was able to get around this by calling to_owned on the vector. Is this the right way to handle this?



This uses the generator feature.



cargo -V 
cargo 1.35.0-nightly (0e35bd8af 2019-03-13)


 #![feature(generators, generator_trait)]

use std::collections::HashMap;
use std::ops::Generator, GeneratorState;

let mut sieve = ||
let mut x: u32 = 2;
let mut composites: HashMap<u32, Vec<u32>> = HashMap::new();

loop
match composites.get(&x)
Some(primes) =>
for _prime in primes.to_owned() v.push(_prime))
.or_insert(vec![_prime]);
composites.remove(&x);


None =>
yield x;
composites.insert(x * x, vec![x]);



x = x + 1;

;






rust sieve-of-eratosthenes






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited 37 secs ago









Jamal♦

30.4k11121227




30.4k11121227










asked 3 hours ago









kylekyle

1316




1316











  • $begingroup$
    @Stargateur this code is working, it does require generators though
    $endgroup$
    – kyle
    3 hours ago










  • $begingroup$
    @E_net4 I apologize, I had added in this information!
    $endgroup$
    – kyle
    3 hours ago
















  • $begingroup$
    @Stargateur this code is working, it does require generators though
    $endgroup$
    – kyle
    3 hours ago










  • $begingroup$
    @E_net4 I apologize, I had added in this information!
    $endgroup$
    – kyle
    3 hours ago















$begingroup$
@Stargateur this code is working, it does require generators though
$endgroup$
– kyle
3 hours ago




$begingroup$
@Stargateur this code is working, it does require generators though
$endgroup$
– kyle
3 hours ago












$begingroup$
@E_net4 I apologize, I had added in this information!
$endgroup$
– kyle
3 hours ago




$begingroup$
@E_net4 I apologize, I had added in this information!
$endgroup$
– kyle
3 hours ago










0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer





StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
return StackExchange.using("mathjaxEditing", function ()
StackExchange.MarkdownEditor.creationCallbacks.add(function (editor, postfix)
StackExchange.mathjaxEditing.prepareWmdForMathJax(editor, postfix, [["\$", "\$"]]);
);
);
, "mathjax-editing");

StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "196"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fcodereview.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f215708%2fincremental-sieve-of-eratosthenes%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Code Review Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

Use MathJax to format equations. MathJax reference.


To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fcodereview.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f215708%2fincremental-sieve-of-eratosthenes%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

瀋陽號驅逐艦 目录 接收與服役 配置反潛直升機 武進三型性能升級 歷史 除役 參考資料 外部連結 导航菜单Taiwan Air Power海疆老兵-陽字號驅逐艦沿革World Navies Today: Taiwan (Republic of China)DD-839 USS POWER编

波兰旗帜列表 目录 国旗 军旗 其他制服部门旗帜 特别国家机构船只 参考文献 外部链接 导航菜单Polskie flagi, chorągwie, bandery... [波兰旗帜、条幅、船旗等]原始内容Ustawa z dnia 31 stycznia 1980 r. o godle, barwach i hymnie Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej oraz o pieczęciach państwowychZarządzenie Ministra Obrony Narodowej z dnia 14 grudnia 2005 r. zmieniające zarządzenie w sprawie szczegółowych zasad używania znaków Sił Zbrojnych Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej oraz ustalenia innych znaków używanych w Siłach Zbrojnych Rzeczypospolitej PolskiejZarządzenie Ministra Obrony Narodowej z dnia 29 stycznia 1996 r. w sprawie szczegółowych zasad używania znaków Sił Zbrojnych Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej oraz ustalenia innych znaków używanych w Siłach Zbrojnych Rzeczypospolitej PolskiejUstawa z dnia 19 lutego 1993 r. o znakach Sił Zbrojnych Rzeczypospolitej PolskiejHistoria Marynarki Wojennej RP [波兰海军史]Rozporządzenie Ministra Spraw Wewnętrznych i Administracji z dnia 12 kwietnia 2002 r. w sprawie wzoru flagi oraz oznakowania jednostek pływających i statków powietrznych Straży GranicznejRozporządzenie Ministra Spraw Wewnętrznych i Administracji z dnia 18 kwietnia 2005 r. w sprawie wzoru flagi oraz oznakowania jednostek pływających i statków powietrznych PolicjiRozporządzenie Ministra Infrastruktury z dnia 21 października 2005 r. w sprawie wzorów flag dla statków morskich na oznaczenie pełnionej specjalnej służby państwowej oraz okoliczności i warunków ich podnoszenia波兰旗帜波兰编

Indenting and Dedenting ASP code with Python